In the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
…any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
This privacy statement is intended to let you know how we, Hornsby Travel Services Ltd, will collect and use your personal data in order to:
- Respond to your enquiries and questions;
- Deliver any service requests;
- Responding to any complaints;
- Refining our website and improving your experience on it through using cookies.
In order for us to respond to your requests, questions, service requirements, complaints, etc. we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or providing a detailed service provision. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information that we collect and use is appropriate for the purpose, and does not constitute an invasion or your privacy.Cookies
We may pass your personal data to third-party services providers contracted to, or associated with our company in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your personal data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to respond to requests, questions, service requirements, complaints, etc. on our behalf. When they no longer need your personal data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our company’s policies and procedures. An example of this would be a hotel that requires your room specifications.How will we use the Personal Data we collect about you?
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will do our utmost to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on the individual business needs.Under what circumstances will we contact you?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.Can you find out the personal data that we hold about you?
Hornsby Travel Services Limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Hornsby Travel Services Limited hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Hornsby Travel Services Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you. What forms of ID will you need to provide in order to access this? Hornsby Travel Services Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Passport; Photo Driving Licence; Utility Bill (from the last three months)
Hornsby Travel Services Limited
51 Ashby High Street